Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Independence...


Jolie is increasing the fierceness of her independence. She has now poo-pooed in the potty on five occasions. Sometimes, even in a "big" potty. She wants to wash her own hair, put on her own lotion, pick out her own clothes, brush her own teeth and hair, wear high heels, etc., etc... She is basically a self contained child. I am in no hurry for her to do anything nor do I expect her to... because Noelle, well, Noelle has always had to be pushed and coerced. She would really rather you do everything for her. Everything new causes her anxiety. I can't blame her... But it is so different, I just never stop being surprised at what Jolie WANTS to do... and what Noelle doesn't. I am not being a comparative Mom, these are just the facts of our house... I have two different children, being raised in the same home, by the same parents. I am positive that when they grow up, they will have two totally different sets of lists of the things we did wrong in parenting them. My list will be longer than Chad's of course.


2 comments:

  1. Love the last few lines. So true, so true....

    I think the boys list will be pretty short about me, but Abbie, oh Abbie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the female. Females are the problem. :)

    ReplyDelete